Jul 5, 2014

Archer's Voice by Mia Sheridan (A Sign of Love #4)

Archer's Voice by Mia Sheridan
Genre: Contemporary romance
Bottom Line: A deeply emotional and beautifully written romance that will have you attached to the characters right off the start. 

A Sign of Love Series
1.  Leo
2.  Leo's Chance
3.  Stinger
4.  Archer's Voice
5.  Becoming Calder

Synopsis (Goodreads):

When Bree Prescott arrives in the sleepy, lakeside town of Pelion, Maine, she hopes against hope that this is the place where she will finally find the peace she so desperately seeks. On her first day there, her life collides with Archer Hale, an isolated man who holds a secret agony of his own. A man no one else sees.

Archer's Voice is the story of a woman chained to the memory of one horrifying night and the man whose love is the key to her freedom. It is the story of a silent man who lives with an excruciating wound and the woman who helps him find his voice. It is the story of suffering, fate, and the transformative power of love.

My Thoughts:

Oh my goodness, my heart. Before I start, even though this book is in a series, it is a stand-alone novel, so no need to worry about reading out of order. I pulled an all-nighter for this book.  It was impossible to put down. Archer Hale is a mute who has isolated himself since he was seven years old. When Bree comes along (with her own haunted past), she is drawn to Archer and begins to pull him out of his shell. Their story was incredibly beautiful and well written. For 95 percent of this book, I was so happy and in love with both of the characters. For the other 5 percent, I was bawling my eyes out (and possibly having a minor heart attack...thank you Mia Sheridan.)

Archer is now one of my top favorite book heroes. He was by far the sweetest guy I have ever read about, and the relationship between him and Bree was amazingly developed. The dialogue was like Sheridan pulled every thing any girl has ever dreamed a guy would say to her and threw it in this book. And the passion between them...whew! There is an abundance of steamy scenes in this book, so if that's not what you're looking for, be forewarned. The absolute need between the two of them had me completely engulfed in the story right off the bat.

The only thing that bugged me with this book (and it was quite minor since I was too busy floating on a happy fluffy cloud throughout the entire story), was that the characters were almost too perfect. Even when they made mistakes, it wasn't their fault. They were both such wonderful, beautiful people, and at times I just wished I could get a bit of ferocity.     

Rating: 9

Find it on: Amazon | Goodreads | Mia Sheridan     

No comments:

Post a Comment